- Credit hours required: 45 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: July 30
- Compliance group: There are 3 compliance groups to which attorneys are assigned that report in alternate years. Group 1 reports in 2021 (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2021); Group 2 reports in 2022 (July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2022); and Group 3 reports in 2023 (July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2023).
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round up or down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 15 CLE hours via recorded programs.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements by sending certificates of attendance to the North Dakota Commission for CLE.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.