- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period.
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics/professionalism and 1 hour of technology credit annually, by Dec 31st. Once every 3 years, attorneys must complete 1 hour of substance abuse/mental health awareness training.
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 28
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.