- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period.
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics/professionalism and 1 hour of technology credit annually, by Dec 31st. Once every 3 years, attorneys must complete 1 hour of substance abuse/mental health awareness training.
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 28
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.