- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours ethics per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: June 30
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 6 CLE hours via recorded programs.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Effective for ABA programming beginning July 1, 2014. New Hampshire attendees must self-determine whether a program is eligible for credit, and self-report their attendance online at www.nhbar.org. The ABA cannot report your participation.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.