- Credit hours required: 10 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of professional responsibility credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: December 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: For programs that are listed as applied for or approved, the ABA will report attendance on behalf of the attendee. For programs listed as self-apply, attorneys must submit their own request for credit through the Nebraska CLE portal.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.