- Credit hours required: 15 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics, professionalism, substance abuse and mental health, or malpractice prevention credit and 1 hour of cultural competency, diversity, inclusion, and implicit bias credit
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: July 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round up or down to the nearest one-tenth of an hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys can earn up to 6 CLE hours via recorded programs (i.e., self-study). However, specialty credits required must be earned via live programs (in-person or webinar) only, not through recorded programs.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast, previoulsy recorded limited to 6 credits, specialty credits cannot be taken with on demand.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements each reporting period through the Attorney’s Annual Report of Compliance (available on website below). Neither the ABA nor attorneys send certificates of attendance to the Missouri Bar Association.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.