- Credit hours required: 45 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of ethics and 2 hours of elimination of bias per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: August 31
- Compliance group: There are 3 categories for CLE reporting and new attorneys are assigned to Category 1, 2, or 3 for reporting every 3 years. Category 1 attorneys report in 2018; Category 2, in 2019; and Category 3, in 2017.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast, previoulsy recorded limited to 30 credits, on demand cap eliminated for attorneys reporting 2024 and after.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements each reporting period through an affidavit or online reporting. Neither the ABA nor attorneys send certificates of attendance to the Minnesota State Board of CLE.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.