- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 1 hour of ethics and 1 hour of avoidance of harassment and discrimination in the legal profession credit. Specialty credit cannont be earned from on-demand CLE courses.
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 28
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round up or down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: Attorneys may take all credits with live webcast, previoulsy recorded--limited to 5 credits. Ethics must be live, harassment & discrimination must be in person.
- Attendance Reporting: The ABA reports attendance to Maine on behalf of attendees for live webinars, in-person events and on-demand courses.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.