- Credit hours required: 12.5 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 1 hour of ethics and 1 hour of professionalism per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: January 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest hundreth hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance on behalf of attendees for all programs for which we directly apply to Louisiana for approval. Programs which are not accredited by the ABA in Louisiana may be available for self-application and self-reporting with the state.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.