- Credit hours required: 12.5 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: June 30
- Reporting date: August 10
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round to the nearest quarter hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must send certificates of attendance for each program to the Kentucky Bar Association. The ABA does not send certificates of attendance to Kentucky.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.