- Credit hours required: 15 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 1 hour of legal ethics and 1 hour of either "attorney wellness" or "diversity and inclusion" each year (starting calendar year 2021)
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: March 10
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credits for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CLE requirements at the end of each reporting period. Neither the ABA nor attorneys send certificates of attendance for individual programs to the Iowa Commission on CLE.
- Live Moderated Webinars: Credit is not available in Iowa for ABA programs and sessions listed as live moderated webinars. Credit remains available for live webinars subject to jurisdictional approval.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.