- Credit hours required: 36 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: December 31
- Compliance group: Varies by admission date; attorneys are up for compliance every 3 years.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credits for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest tenth hour.
- Limit on credit hours for distance education programs: Attorneys may earn up to 18 credit hours via distance education per three-year period. May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports attendance for for all program completions within 30 days after the program.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.