- Credit hours required: 30 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of ethics or professional responsibility
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 1
- Compliance group: Varies by admission date; attorneys are up for compliance every 3 years.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys report attendance by sending in the ABA uniform certificate of attendance. The ABA does not report your participation. Idaho attorneys may individually apply for course approval by submitting the Application for CLE credit to the Idaho State Bar with the required attachments. You can download a copy of the program brochure/agenda from many ABA program websites, or print a copy of the program web page (if no separate brochure available) for submission with your application. There is no fee for Idaho attorneys to seek individual course approval.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.