- Credit hours required: 3 hours per reporting period.
- Specialty credits required: 1 hour of ethics credit every 3 years.
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: January 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. In order to receive CLE credit for an approved course, an attorney must be present for 50 minutes out of a 60 minute course. After the first 60 minutes, an attorney may receive credit for the time the attorney is actually present at the course rounded down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: No limit. Attorneys can earn all CLE hours via recorded programs.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report CLE compliance on the annual attorney registration statement. Attorneys should not send certificates of attendance to Hawaii after each program.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.