- Credit hours required: 33 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 5 hours in the areas of approved legal ethics, professionalism, bias elimination, substance abuse, or mental illness awareness programs, per reporting period, with at least 1 of the 5 hours in an approved professionalism program; and 3 credits in approved technology programs
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: Assigned by Florida
- Reporting date: Assigned by Florida
- Compliance group: Varies. Each attorney is assigned a three-year reporting cycle.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round to the nearest 1/2 hour.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA does not report your participation. If the program has been directly approved, Florida attorneys must report their completion with the Florida approval code provided on your ABA Certificate of Completion in the MCLE portal. For programs listed as Self-Apply, Florida attorneys must email or fax their Uniform Certificate of Attendance and their program’s agenda to the Florida Bar in order for their credit to be posted to their CLE total. There is no fee for Florida attorneys to use the reciprocity provision to self-apply.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.