- Credit hours required: 45 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 7 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 3 years
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: January 31
- Compliance group: Varies by admission date. Attorneys report every 3 years after becoming licensed in Colorado.
- Minutes per credit hour: 50 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 50 and round general credits to the nearest whole credit, and round ethics credits down to the nearest 1/10th credit.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Colorado lawyers must complete an online affidavit form via the Supreme Court’s lawyer reporting site. and enter the course approval code found on attorney certificates of completion.
MCLE Rule Changes
In reaction to the evolving situation related to the COVID-19 pandemic, most live in-person CLE events have been cancelled across the world. In response, state and other jurisdictions have have temporarily suspended the requirements that their attorneys attend in-person CLE to fulfill their MCLE requirements or adjusted deadlines, fees, or other aspects of their rules. Your state may have temporarily changed MCLE requirements.