- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 2 hours of professional responsibility and ethics and practice management
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Compliance group: All attorneys
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes.
- Limit on credit hours for recorded programs: No limit. Attorneys can earn all CPD (continuing professional development) hours via recorded programs so long as the program formats have an interactive component, which is defined as 2 or more lawyers listening to or viewing the program together. ABA recorded product formats listed below are approved in British Columbia.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: Attorneys must self-report completion of CPD requirements each reporting period through the online Law Society of British Columbia portal. Neither the ABA nor attorneys send certificates of attendance to the Law Society of British Columbia.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.