- Credit hours required: 3 hours of ethics credit per reporting period. Attorneys are encouraged to complete an additional 9 hours of general or ethics voluntary CLE (VCLE).
- Specialty credits required: 3 hours of ethics credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 1
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast or previously recorded.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA does not report your participation. Attorneys must report to Alaska whether they took 3 hours of ethics and 9 hours of voluntary credit.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.