- Credit hours required: 12 hours per reporting period
- Specialty credits required: 1 hour of ethics or professionalism credit per reporting period
- Length of reporting period: 1 year
- Compliance date: December 31
- Reporting date: February 15
- Compliance group: All attorneys report annually.
- Minutes per credit hour: 60 minutes. To calculate credit for a specific program, divide the total length of the program in minutes by 60 and round down to the nearest quarter hour.
- Distance Learning Requirements: May take all credits with live webcast, previously recorded limited to 6 credits.
- Attendance Reporting Procedure: The ABA reports participation for all program completions, irrespective of program format.
About the ABA's CLE
Only the American Bar Association offers high-quality CLE in such a comprehensive range of relevant topics to benefit every legal professional across the nation.