• E-Discovery and Digital Evidence Case Digest
• Free CLE with Ethics Credit
• Globalization and International Standards
• Titanic Multinational Privacy Mistakes
• ABA's Brief Urges to Exclude Lawyers From ‘Debt Relief Agency'
• Call to Action: Articles Sought for The SciTech Lawyer!
• E-Discovery and Privacy Law CLE Tracks: October 14th
• Raymond L. Ocampo Jr., Past SciTech Chair, to Receive Spirit of Excellence Award
• Connect with SciTech Students
• Student Editor Sought
• Student Job Search Program & Reception at Rutgers Newark
• Shop Brooks Brothers' ABA member three-day 30% off sale
E-Discovery and Privacy Law
Foster City, CA
The Legality of "Rogue" Bots in Virtual Worlds: A Discussion of Blizzard v. MDY (9th Cir. Pending)
October 27, 2009
H1N1 Pandemic Preparedness & Response: A Guide to Legal & Policy Issue
November 17, 2009
E-Discovery and Digital Evidence
January, 26, 2010
ABA Midyear Meeting
February 3-6, 2010
The advancement of technology in the past decade has catapulted the prominence of electronic evidenc... Read More
This book provides you with a legal and practical approach to the new world of digital information. It has been described as a must have for litigation lawyers, corporate counsel and records managers who want to understand how to appropriately handle the digital information of an enterprise. Read more.
The SciTech Lawyer
The Section’s quarterly magazine features practical and timely articles on a diverse range of science and technology law issues. The current issue focuses on international legal issues.
e-discovery and privacy law cle tracks :
October 14, 2009
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Crowne Plaza Hotel
1221 Chess Drive, Foster City
FREE breakfast, lunch, and reception after the program
Breakfast and registration begin at 7:00 am
Panelists include Hon. Richard Kramer, SF Superior Court,
Attorneys from ABA Section of Science and Technology Law, and Chief Information Security Officers from Sun and VISA
Mark you calendars for a PAABA-sponsored program covering eDiscovery, digital evidence, and international privacy law.
eDiscoveryand privacy law are top concerns around the country among in-house attorneys and the information technology professionals that work with them. Also, California’s new Electronic Discovery Act will bring sweeping changes to litigation in the state courts, just as the 2006 amendments to the federal rules changed federal practice. Watch attorneys in action arguing a cutting-edge eDiscovery dispute, learn about working with computer forensic experts, and learn how to collaborate with your clients’ information technology staff for effective eDiscovery responses and requests. Hear the latest updates on international privacy law.
Our Legal Track program will include keynotes on data protection and four panels:
- Mock hearing on digital evidence spoliation and eDiscovery issues before Judge Richard Kramer, SF Superior Court
- Top Computer Forensics Do’s and Don’ts when conducting investigations and eDiscovery
- International privacy law update (including developments from the EU and Asia)
- Effective collaboration among outside counsel, inside counsel, and information technology staff members for effective eDiscovery and evidence presentation
Register online at www.cornerstonesoftrust.com.
(Hover your mouse over Attendee Registration, then choose Affiliated Members, and PAABA from drop-down menu.)
The Palo Alto Area Bar Association certifies that this activity has been approved for MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of six hours. The Palo Alto Area Bar Association is a State Bar of California MCLE-approved provider.