Seize a book! LPM's publishing division is the oldest in the ABA, and with more than 75 titles, it is also one of the largest. This month's selection:
The Lawyer's Guide to Palm Powered™ Handhelds
by Margaret Spencer Dixon
For an increasing number of lawyers, the Palm Powered™ handheld is now an essential part of everyday life. Used for coordinating client appointments, sending emails, tracking time, or simply checking the latest news on the Internet—Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) have become an invaluable tool for lawyers on the go.
Written for beginners, advanced users, and also those deciding whether a PDA is right for them, this new resource will show lawyers how a Palm Powered handheld can make them more efficient and effective at what they do. The book addresses real-life situations lawyers face each day, and provides a multitude of new tips and tricks for getting the most out of Palm ® applications.
The Lawyer's Guide to Palm Powered™ Handhelds is written especially for lawyers and contains a wealth of important how-to information, including basic knowledge that lawyers need to know, and insider tricks that will assist even more experienced Palm users. Readers will learn to take full advantage of their Palm Powered handhelds to manage addresses, appointments, expenses and time, write memos, take notes, check e-mail, read books and documents, and much more. In addition, the book suggests many Web sites and handy tips from top legal power users contained in the book.
By reading this book, lawyers will:
- Find out what a PDA can do and how it can improve their life.
- Learn sixteen reasons why users of paper organizers should consider switching to a Palm Powered PDA.
- Get a complete tour of a Palm Powered PDA.
- Learn the twelve factors to consider when buying a PDA so they can make the best choice when it's time to buy new, or upgrade an organizer.
- Learn what to do when they lose a PDA, and how to protect and restore data.
- Beam appointments, business cards, and various data to other PDAs.
- Track client appointments, keep track of time, and take meeting notes.
- Maximize useful features like the Address Book, Date Book, Memo Pad, and To Do List.
- Swap Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other information between a PC and a handheld.
- Utilize basic and advanced security programs to insure privacy and ethical considerations.
- Locate and add programs to a PDA to make it as useful as possible.
- Troubleshoot a PDA and learn solutions to other possible problems.
- Read e-books, surf the Net, manage travel itineraries, network, and be more productive.
- Benefit from the book's listing of the best, most-useful law-related Web sites for lawyers who use Palm Powered PDAs and more.
Although there are other books on PDAs available, this is the first one written especially with a lawyer's hectic life in mind. This is the book designed to get a lawyer up and running on the Palm platform, and become a Palm power user.
To order The Lawyer's Guide to Palm-Powered™ Handhelds click here, or call
1-800-285-2221 and ask for product number 511-0505.
Click here for more information on other books published by LPM.
Learn More | Buy Now