General Practice, Solo & Small Firm DivisionMagazine

For More Information

Lawyers also need to be able to advise business clients on related visa issues, including changes in employment, changes in employers, what to do about dependents, the cap on H-1B visa numbers, and the relationship between U.S. businesses and foreign parents or subsidiaries. For more information about U.S. immigration law and visas, check out these websites:

• Immigration and Naturalization Service (

• INS forms download page (

• Immigration and nationality law, general (

• U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs (

• U.S. consulate web sites around the world (

• American Immigration Lawyers Association (

Back to Top