Save the Date »
- 2009 Fall Meeting & National Solo and Small Firm Conference
October 15–17, 2009
Millennium Biltmore Hotel
Los Angeles, California
- ABA Teleconferences »
June 2–June 30, 2009: ABA Recession Recovery Teleconference Series—FREE!
How’s the recession affecting you? Need some insight on navigating these troubled economic times?
Listen in to the ABA Recession Recovery Teleconference Series, free for ABA members. We hope you can join us for one of these four teleconferences, which feature expert faculty providing practical tips and strategies for succeeding in today’s career climate. Programs will focus on marketing yourself, succeeding as a solo practitioner, adapting to the new legal environment, and stabilizing your outlook in an unstable world.
When registering for a program, please select either teleconference (telephone only) or audio webcast (Internet only) via the links below or on the individual program page. Or, click here to learn about registering to listen at a participating local bar association.
- Staying Positive in a Down Economy: Beyond the “Group Hug”
June 30, 12:00 p.m. noon CDT (30 minutes)
Program Description | Teleconference Online Registration | Audio Webcast Registration
Teleconference Event Code: CET9SPD
Audio Webcast Event Code: CET9SP2
- GP|Solo members receive a special discount on CLE programming 24/7 with WestLegalEdcenter »
The ABA General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Division, in conjunction with WestLegalEdcenter, presents online CLE programs available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the convenience of your home or office computer. Remember, GP|Solo Division Members receive a special discount on all GP|Solo Online CLE.
To browse the list of programs or to purchase GP|Solo Online CLE Programs please visit WestLegalEdcenter
- SoloSez™ Event Sponsored by Regus
- Listen in to the ABA Recession Recovery Teleconference Series, free (limited space is available for this program) with your fellow SoloSezzers at a Regus facility in one of the following locations:
- Atlanta, GA - 260 Peachtree Street, Suite 2200, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Boston, MA - Independence Wharf, 470 Atlantic Avenue, 4th floor, Boston, MA 02210
- Chicago, IL - West Loop Riverside Plaza, 10 South Riverside Plaza, Chicago, IL 60606
- Los Angeles, CA - Executive Tower, 11400 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 200, Los Angeles, CA 90064
- New York, NY - Rockefeller Center, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, Rockefeller Center, 7th floor, New York City, NY 10020
- San Francisco, CA - One Market Street, Spear Tower, 35th and 36th floors, San Francisco, CA 94105
- Washington, DC - International Square, 1875 I Street, NW, 5th floor, Washington, DC 20006
- Date: Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Time: 1:00 p.m.–1:30 p.m. Eastern Time - Teleconference
1:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time - Group Discussion
- Beyond the Group Hug: Staying Positive in a Negative Economy
- For more information, please go to http://www.abanet.org/cle/programs/t09spd1.html
- Learn how to:
- Stay positive and motivated
- Alleviate stress and depression
- Help yourself and others with pro bono and public service
- Set up a transition team for "well-being" checks
- Expert faculty:
Michael Brandwein, Libertyville, IL
Internationally recognized communications and leadership expert and author of Learning Leadership
- Gina Y. Walcott, Boston, MA
Executive Director, Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers
- RSVP for this opportunity to meet your fellow SoloSezzers by Monday, June 29, to email@example.com. If you have any questions, please contact Kim Anderson, Staff Director, GPSolo, at (312) 988-5636 or Kimberly.Anderson@americanbar.org.
- Regus proudly supports ongoing activities and programs of the ABA General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Division.
- SoloSez™ Popular Threads »
Solosez is an email discussion list for solo and small firm lawyers that has grown to be the ABA's busiest list.
For a taste of what Solosez has to offer, check out the popular threads on Solosez’s Website. Recent threads include:
- More »
- This Month’s Tip
- Reuse, Recycle
Consider using reuseable bags or ones made from degradable materials. These include oxobiodegradable and hydrodegradable bags, which break down faster and produce less toxins than other types. Find them alongside other plastic bags in the supermarket.