ABA Annual Meeting in Chicago
Fairmont Hotel, Ambassador Room, 2nd Level
The ABA International Labor and Employment Law Committee will have a business meeting for attendees at the ABA Annual Meeting. This session will provide an update on Committee's programs and publications and will serve as a networking opportunity to learn more about the Committee's functions and plans, including a discussion of proposed topics for the 2013 Midyear Meeting in Rome. In addition, information on significant developments in the international labor and employment law arena will be addressed.
BUSINESS MEETING: 8:00-8:30 a.m.
- November CLE Sessions (October 31--November 3, 2012)--A brief summary of the Committee's planned presentations at the Annual Section Conference in Atlanta
- The 2013 Midyear Meeting in Rome (May 5-9, 2013)--A brief report on planning
- Webinar Report--Update on the Committee's webinars
HOT TOPICS DISCUSSION: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
Discussion of various "hot topics" in international labor and employment law will provide great educational value. The continuation of this invaluable annual update is open to all to attend. CLE credit will not be provided, but the information will provide meaningful insights. All Committee members are invited to participate and provide papers or materials.
Presentations proposed to date include:
- Analysis of whether the Alien Tort Claims Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act are subject to Judicial challenges and, if so, what they are and what to do.
- Analysis of whether Dodd-Frank applies outside of U.S.: Asadi v. GE (USA) LLC, S.D.Tex. 4:12-345, June 28, 2012.
For more information contact Joe Fleming, International Labor and Employment Law Committee Employer Co-chair. This is your chance to assist us and participate in our Committee's work. We appreciate, and look forward to, hearing from you.
XXth World Congress of the International Society for Labor and Social Security Law
Santiago de Chile
PROGRAM CALENDER 2013
International Labor & Employment Law Committee Midyear Meeting
ISLSSL Western Hemisphere Congress