Date: Friday, May 10, 2019
Are you wondering how we can create a more diverse and inclusive environment for women and people of color in law and technology? During this fireside chat, Tammy Albarrán will candidly share how she managed one of the highest profiled investigations on sexism and harassment in Silicon Valley. Topics Tammy will cover include:
- How growing up with Mexican values helped her advance her career.
- The challenges she faced when investigating Uber after the Susan Fowler medium article went viral.
- Why she decided to join Uber after the board unanimously adopted her and Eric Holder’s recommendations on how to make things right at Uber.
- How she manages the challenges that
comeswith being a “nontechnical” “woman” and “person of color” in legal tech.
- How she manages the demands of motherhood and a being a leader.
Adviceshe would give to her younger self.
You will also get a chance to ask your questions during our Q&A.
Samorn Selim, Founder and Creative Joy Director of Career Unicorns; ABA Career Center Board Member
Tammy Albarrán, Deputy General Counsel of Uber, Co-Author of Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Report on Uber