We know lawyers think about changing careers, not just changing jobs. If you are contemplating moving beyond a traditional role for a lawyer, join our stand-out speakers with experience in leaving law behind and charting new directions.
- What kinds of non-traditional roles you might contemplate
- Job search obstacles you may encounter…and how to overcome them
- Shifts in describing yourself and your skills that can help you land an alternative career
This is not for CLE.
- Presentation Slides
- Seven Skills Attorneys Have That the Rest of the World Would Die For – Casey Berman
- Nine Non-Legal Jobs You Can (Really, Truly) Do With a Law Degree – Casey Berman
- The Impact of a Strong Narrative in Your Alternative Career Transition – Carroll Welch
- Recommended Print Resources for Alternative Careers – Carroll Welch
Carroll Welch practiced commercial litigation and employment law before working with Pace Law School’s re-entry program, New Directions for Attorneys. She founded Carroll Welch Consulting, based in NYC, to coach and counsel lawyers. Carroll is a certified coach and received her BA from Johns Hopkins and her JD, in 1989, from the University of Virginia School of Law.
Casey Berman graduated in 1999 from the University of California, Hastings School of Law, after receiving his BA from the University of California at Berkeley. He practiced law for several years before moving to business and finance endeavors. Casey continued his entrepreneurialism, founding Leave Law Behind, when he noticed while speaking at his alma mater all the interest fellow lawyers have in alternative careers.
Kathy Morris, Founder, Under Advisement, Ltd, Chicago, IL and New York, NY
ABA Free Career Development Series is a monthly webinar series featuring practical tips from legal career experts.