Note: This is not for CLE. Part of the free Career Development Series, a monthly webinar series featuring practical tips from legal career experts. Live webinars are free and open to the public. The recorded program and materials are exclusively for ABA members.
Partnership can seem elusive, and the transition from associate to partner can be confusing. This program focuses on ways to set yourself up for success before signing on the dotted line.
- Develop your personal brand, including your niche expertise, whether by sector, industry, practice area or geographic location
- Learn the essential skills and strategies for growing professional relationships and developing business
- Gain a deeper understanding of the business side of law firms, including law firm economics
- Identify those critical provisions of the partnership agreement that can pose challenges down the road
- Hone your skills as a supervisor and manager and identify optimal leadership opportunities
This program will offer concrete best practices and lists of resources to guide you as you take the next step in your career.
Dan Binstock, Partner, Garrison & SIsson, Washington, D.C.; ABA Career Center Board Member
Elizabeth (Betsy) Munnell, Business Development and Social Media Coach for Lawyers, EHMunnell, Boston, MA; ABA Career Center Board Member
Video and Materials
Premium Content For:
- Current ABA Member