Attorney John Hardin “Jack” Young was on the team of lawyers for the Democratic National Committee during the 2000 Florida election recount and the Bush v. Gore case, and is portrayed in the HBO film “Recount." In this Career Choice Series, Jack talks to us about current election issues in our country, his career experiences, and how he got involved in this area of practice.
Election law addresses questions such as:
- Which people are entitled to vote (age, residency or literacy requirements)
- Procedures by which persons must register to vote or present identification in order to vote
- The financing of elections
- The requirements for creating districts
- Rules governing write-in candidates
- How the votes are counted, recount and election challenges
- And much more.
Sponsored by ABA Career Center, Young Lawyers Division, and Law Student Division