Increase the understanding on Countering Financial Terrorism (CFT) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) through
- Specialized needs assessments.
- Supporting government institutions to draft and implement action plans based on the needs assessment's findings.
- Training for financial institutions, exchange currency operators and attorneys on internal compliance mechanisms to identify and report terrorist financing activities.
Increase institutional capacity to combat CFT and AML through
- Specialized training sessions for judges, prosecutors, and investigators on prosecuting and adjudicating terrorism financing cases.
- Technical support to financial intelligent units and attorney general’s offices to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on CFT.
- Workshops on CFT and AML for civil society and non-financial businesses on developing written policies and internal controls.
- Specialized training sessions on the use of cryptocurrencies on terrorist financing and money laundering.
- Technical support and training for financial intelligence units to conduct enhanced strategic intelligence analysis.
Strengthen targeted financial sanctions mechanisms through
- Technical support to draft and implement action plans for key institutions involved in handling targeted financial sanctions.
- Supporting relevant authorities to set training, testing, and certification plans for public officials responsible for implementing targeted financial sanctions.
Increase coordinating capacity among the Tri-Border Area (TBA) countries through
- Technical expertise to implement needs assessment's recommendations and drafting action plans on coordinating and information sharing mechanisms.
- Assist in the establishment of a regional CFT dialogue on cross-border information sharing and coordination.
- Enhance the joint outreach and engagement of TBA countries with other South American jurisdictions and major global financial centers
- Specialized joint trainings for TBA prosecutors on CFT and AML.
- Specialized joint trainings for TBA police forces on identifying suspicious CFT and AML criminal activities.