October 24, 2018
Reprints, Licensing & Permissions
- The material in all ABA publications is copyrighted and may be reprinted by permission only.
- In most cases, a fee will be charged.
- All requests must be in writing. See information below on obtaining permission. Permission will not be granted over the phone.
- All permissions are granted for one-time usage only.
- Permission is for the text of the content only. Because of licensed artwork and ABA policy, no logos, artwork, or mastheads may be included in any third-party permission grants, including those given to authors.
- To request permission to reprint content from the ABA Journal, please visit their web page at www.abajournal.com/reprint.
- The ABA does not provide hard or electronic copies of the requested reprint content.
- The ABA does not allow any full text reproduction of any ABA content on any Web site other than the ABA's own Web site, located at: www.americanbar.org
- You can link to any of our articles for free, and there's no need to ask permission.
- To protect the integrity of our authors' work, we require that articles be reprinted unedited in their entirety.
- No content may be translated into any language unless the translator has entered into a prior written licensing agreement with the ABA.
- All requests for 300 copies or less of any article from an ABA periodical, journal or newsletter must be submitted to the Copyright Clearance Center. In most cases, you will receive notification immediately.
- If the reprint permission you need is not available from Copyright Clearance Center, please complete our online Reprint Request Form.
- Our standard response time is approximately 10 business days if all information is received in advance. Your request will be delayed if the information supplied is incomplete or incorrect. Please wait the full 10 days before contacting us.
Information for ABA Periodical Authors
- For information on reprinting or re-using your article, please consult the Periodical Author Information Form.
- To request a PDF of your article, please contact your publication's editor.