Business Law Young Lawyer Forum
With more demands on us than time, we could all use an easy, one-stop opportunity for practical training. The Business Law Section’s Young Lawyer Forum offers just that. The Young Lawyer Forum is a center of gravity for business lawyers under the age of 40 or in practice for less than 10 years. Every Business Law Section lawyer member who meets the age/practice criteria is automatically a member of the Forum. The Forum provides numerous opportunities for education, training, networking, socializing, leadership, and business development. The Forum also provides a soft landing for younger and newer lawyers in the Section’s committees and assists them in finding a home in active Section work.
The Forum sponsors the annual Institute for the New Business Lawyer. The Institute is scheduled for March 15, 2007, in Washington, D.C., during the Section’s Annual Meeting. It features an activity-filled day of nuts and bolts programming on such topics as the ABC’s of Unincorporated Entities, Contract Drafting, Negotiating and Drafting Technology Licensing Agreements, Taking and Defending Depositions in Complex Cases, Corporate Governance & Ethics, and Hot Topics in Mergers & Acquisitions. A networking lunch, a welcome reception, a leadership opportunity meeting, and a high-energy evening event are also planned activities.
and click on “Opportunities for Young Lawyers” to learn more about the resources and programs available to you through the ABA Section of Business Law.
Resources for the Young Business Lawyer
• Web site: www.ababusinesslaw.org; click on “Opportunities for Young Lawyers”
• Periodicals: Business Law Today, bimonthly magazine; The Business Lawyer, quarterly law journal; eSource, monthly e-newsletter
• Program Materials: www.ababusinesslaw.org
; click on “Program Library”
• Meeting CD ROMS: www.ababooks.org
• Books and Other Recent Publications: www.ababooks.org
• The M & A Process: A Practical Guide for the Business Lawyer
• Model Asset Purchase Agreement with Commentary
• Model Stock Purchase Agreement with Commentary
• Model Joint Venture Agreement with Commentary
• A Practical Guide to Software Licensing for Licensees and Licensors
• A Manual of Style for Contract Drafting