The ABA YLD Scholarship Program is designed to encourage the participation of minority, solo/small firm, government, private sector, and military service attorneys in the Young Lawyers Division. Priority will be given to those applicants who express a desire to become actively involved with the ABA YLD and require financial assistance.
The program consists of:
- per the Division’s financial policy, scholars will receive partial funding to attend the Fall Conference, ABA Midyear Meeting, and Spring Conference, including round-trip airfare up to $350, $20 ground transportation, and $100 per diem (for two days);
- appointment to and active participation in one of the YLD boards or teams;
- all scholars are required to attend the YLD Fall Conference, ABA YLD Midyear Meeting, and the YLD Spring Conference and to participate in scheduled programming on Friday and Saturday of each meeting;
- produce a written piece (i.e., 101/201 article, resolution for consideration at the YLD Assembly); and
- assist on projects as assigned.
The application deadline is April 1.
Please check the Scholarships webpage on the ABA YLD website at www.ambar.org/younglawyerawards for information about the 2013−2014 application process. If you have any questions, contact ABA YLD Program Associate, Renee Lugo, at 312/988-5626.