The Section will hold its Ninth Annual Spring CLE and Commi- ttee Meeting in San Antonio, Texas on May 14-16, 1998 at the Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort. The schedule will include over 50 committee meetings. At press time, the following CLE programs were scheduled:
Probate and Trust Programs
- Ethical Problems of Professional Fiduciaries
- Drafting Non-Tax Provisions in Wills and Trusts (Basic Track)
- Three Negative TAMs and a Cold Schauerhamer: An Advanced Discussion of Dealing with the IRS Position on Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs
- Community Property Aspects of Individual Retirement Accounts and Qualified Plans
- What's New in Tax Regulations and Rulings
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Regulation, Legislation and Consternation
- The New Medicare System and Other Muddles in Government Benefits
- Navigating the Estate Tax Valuation and Payment Labyrinth, Including 2033A, 2032A and 6166
- Private Foundations: Formation, Operation and Termination Issues
- A Guide to Planning and Administering Trusts and Estates (Basic Track)
- Forum Shopping for Dynasty Trusts? Where Do We Send Our Clients and Their Money?
- Ethical Considerations & Attorney Liability in Asset Protection Planning
- An Update on Planning for Distributions from Qualified Retirement Plans and IRAs (Basic Track)
- Funding Marital & Non-Marital Trusts with Closely-Held Business Interests
- Ticking Time Bombs: Drafting Tips from a Litigator's Perspective
- Practicing Law Over the Net_The Lawyer as Techie
- Impact of the New AIA Construction Documents (Parts I and II)
- Leases, Breaches & Damages: What You Don't Know and Were Afraid to Ask
- Disclosure Requirements on the Sale and Purchase of Real Estate in Various Jurisdictions
- All Retail Leases Are Not Alike!
- Demystifying Affordable Housing: Real Estate Lawyers Can Par- ticipate in Affordable Housing Transactions Too
- The Ultimate Real Estate Development Checklist
- REIT Symposium
- What's It Worth: Who Wants to Know? Valuation of Real Property
- Rolling the Dice_Gaming and Real Estate
- Leasing Roundtable
- Old Tax Shelters Never Die
- Gone But Not Forgotten_ Preparing For Assignee Defaults
- What's on the Net Now? An On-line Tour of 60 Tools in 60 Minutes
- Portfolio Transactions: The Deals and the Issues
- Securitization of Federal Brownfields: A Lone Star or a Long Shot
- Fourth Annual Mortgage Financing Program & Commercial Real Estate Lending Developments Workshop
- Don't Fence Me In: Gated Communities and Obligations for Common Interest Community Associations
- Overcoming Racial, Cultural & Class Barriers to Affordable Housing
- Hot Tips Luncheon
- Workouts in the 21st Century: Planning for Bad Times While the Good Times Roll
- Ethics of Negotiation
- Multi-State Mortgage Pools: Issues Regarding Perfection, Priority and Recording Including MERS
- The Obligation of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Commercial Leases: Panacea or Pandora's Box?
- Selected Issues in Securitization Transactions
For more details or to register for the meeting, log onto http://www. abanet.org/rppt/spring98.html or call the Section office at (312) 988-6233. The advance registration deadline is April 13.
Section News Editor: Stacy (Walter) Woodward, Committee Manager, 750 North Lake Shore Dr., Chicago, IL 60611, new e-mail address: woodwars@staff. abanet.org.
Probate & Property Magazine is published six times annually and is included in section members' annual dues.