Increasing Your Fees
Billing Innovation Toolbox
Help for Moving Beyond the Billable Hour
On the Web
You’ll find articles and other information on fees and rate setting at these URLs:
Books from the ABA Law Practice Management Section
These volumes provide valuable, practical information on fee setting:
• Billing Innovations: New Win-Win Ways to End Hourly Billing by Richard C. Reed. 1996.
• The Essential Formbook: Comprehensive Management Tools for Lawyers—Vol. II: Fees, Billing and Collection by Gary A. Munneke and Anthony E. Davis. 2001.
• Flying Solo: A Survival Guide for the Solo Lawyer, 3rd edition, edited by Jeffrey R. Simmons. 2001.
• How to Draft Bills Clients Rush to Pay by J. Harris Morgan with Julie M. Tamminen. 1995.
• How to Get and Keep Good Clients, 2nd edition, by Jay G Foonberg. 1990.
• How to Start and Build a Law Practice, 4th edition, by Jay G Foonberg. 1999.
• Strengthening Your Firm: Strategies for Success, edited by Arthur G. Greene. 1997.
• Win-Win Billing Strategies: Alternatives that Satisfy Your Client and You, edited by Richard C. Reed. 1992.
• "Task-Based Billing and Other Fee Arrangements for the New Millennium." Course materials from the ABA Section of Real Property, Probate and Trust Law’s 2001 Annual Meeting program. Available on CD-ROM, these in-depth papers focus on measuring law firm performance, managing outside counsel relationships, and the history and background of task-based billing, plus fee-arrangement proposal documents.