Health Law Section Publications: The Health Lawyer
Volume 20 (2007 - 2008)
Volume 20, Number 6, August 2008 Members Only PDF
- An Examination of Prisoners' Constitutional Right to Healthcare: Theory and Practice
by Michele Westhoff, Bonne Bridges Mueller O'Keefe & Nichols, Los Angeles, CA
- State "Pay or Play" Employer Mandates: Prescribed or Preempted?
by Shelley K. Hubner, Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Medical Futility and the Texas Medical Futility Statute: A Model to Follow or One to Avoid?
by Lisa Dahm, South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX
- Prior Determinations: How Helpful Will They Be?
by Lori-Ann Rickard and Amy K. Fehn, Rickard & Associates, P.C., St. Clair Shores, MI
Volume 20, Number 5, June 2008 Members Only PDF
- Antitrust Implications of Competition Between Physician-Owned Facilities and General Hospitals: Competition or Exclusion?
by William Berlin, Ober | Kaler, Washington, DC
- Legal Issues Concerning Retail Clinics
by Annie Hsu, J.D. Candidate, Class of 2009, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA
- A Young Vaccine For Young Girls: Should The Human Papillomavirus Vaccination be Mandatory For Public School Attendance?
by Lane Wood, Esq., Haynes and Boone, LLP, Dallas, TX
- A Permanent Vacation: Evaluating Medical Tourism's Place in the United States Healthcare System
by Kristen Boyle, J.D. Candidate, Class of 2009, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, CA
Volume 20, Number 4, April 2008 Members Only PDF
- Gene Patents: Ethical Dilemmas and Possible Solutions
by Michele Westhoff, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, JD Candidate, Spring 2008
- The Redesigned Form 990 - Key Issues for Tax-Exempt Healthcare Organizations to Consider Today
Eric M. McNeil, Esq., PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Philadelphia, PA
- The Primary Care Paradigm Shift: An Overview of the State-Level Legal Framework Governing Nurse Practitioner Practice
by Ann Ritter, Esq. and Tine Hansen-Turton, JD, MGA, National Nursing Centers Consortium, Philadelphia, PA
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005 Proposed Regulations Issued by DHHS
by Renee H. Martin, JD, RN, MSN, Tsoules, Sweeney, Martin & Orr, LLC, Exton, PA
- Employer-Based Health Insurance: At the End of the Line?
by Warren Greenberg, Ph.D., Professor of Health Economics, Department of Health Policy, George Washington University, Washington, DC
Product code: 56300012004 Price: $5.00
Volume 20, Number 3, February 2008 Members Only PDF
- Representing Healthcare Professionals In Disciplinary Actions: Containing The Collateral Damage
Timothy J. Aspinwall, Esq., Nossaman Guthner Knox & Elliott LLP, Sacramento, CA
- Anatomy of a Hospital Syndication
Matthew A. Aiken, Esq. and Daniel F. Murphy, Esq., Balch & Bingham LLP, Birmingham, AL
- Physician-Provided Physical Therapy Under Attack: South Carolina Rejects Consensus in Sloan v. South Carolina Board of Physical Therapy Examiners
Grant Nyhammer, Esq., American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Rosemont, IL
- Congressional Oversight and Investigations 101
Reid P. F. Stuntz, Esq., Hogan & Hartson LLP, Washington, D.C.
- 2008 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule: Despite Non-Finalization of Stark Proposals, Final Rule Contains Major Implications for Diagnostic Testing Arrangements
Andrew B. Wachler, Esq., and Adrienne Dresevic, Esq. Wachler & Associates, P.C., Royal Oak, MI
Product code: 56300012003 Price: $5.00
Volume 20, Number 2, December 2007 Members Only PDF
- The Quality of Care Cerberus: Payments, Public Reporting, and Enforcement
Cheryl L. Wagonhurst, Esq., Foley & Lardner LLP, Los Angeles, CA
Janice A. Anderson, Esq., Foley & Lardner LLP, Chicago, IL
Nathaniel M. Lacktman, Esq., Tampa, FL, Foley & Lardner LLP
- States Target Medicaid Fraud in the Pharmaceutical Industry: The Texas Experience
Kim Van Winkle, Esq., Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP, Austin, TX
- Show Me the Money! The Potential for Cost Savings Associated with a Parallel Program and Collaborative Law
Karen Fasler, Esq. JD, MBA, RN, Dayne Education Services, Rochester, WA
- A Resolution to How to Pay Physicians to Provider Much Needed On -- Call Coverage?
Meredith L. Borden, Esq., Venable LLP, Baltimore, MD
Product code: 56300012002 Price: $5.00
Volume 20, Number 1, October 2007 Members Only PDF
- Consultants and Other Advisors: A new Target for Fraud and Abuse Prosecutors
by Lisa L. Dahm, J.D., LL.M., South Texas College of Law, Houston, TX
- The Permissibility of Conflicts Credentialing (A/K/A Economic Credentialing) by Traditional Hospitals as a Response to the Growth of Specialty Hospitals
by Tracy A. Powell, Esq., Sherrard and Roe, PLC, Nashville, TN
- Observations and Lessons from the FTC's Evanston Northwestern Healthcare Hospital-Merger Decision
by Jeff Miles, Ober Kaler, Washington, DC
- Lawyers and Doctors Working Together -- a Formidable Team
Randye Retkin, Esq. and Julie Brandfield, Esq., New York Legal Assistance Group, New York, NY; Ellen Lawton, Esq. and Barry Zuckerman, MD, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA and Deanna DeFrancesco, Brooklyn Law School, New York, NY
Product code: 56300012001 Price: $5.00
Volume 20, Special Edition, September 2007 Members Only PDF
- Stark II Phase III -- "The Full Picture" Highlights Of The Phase III Final Rule, Potential Future Changes, And The Overall Regulatory Scheme
Andrew B. Wachler, Esq. and Adrienne Dresevic, Esq., Wachler & Associates, PC, Royal Oak, MI
Product code: 563000120SE Price: $5.00
Three ways to order Health Law Section Publications
Please remember to include PC number.
Return To Health Law Publications Main Page