Building a Texas-Sized Practice on a Lone Star Budget
October 23–25, 2014
Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel
San Antonio, TX
Book your travel now for the 9th Annual GPSolo National Solo & Small Firm Conference (NSSFC). This year’s theme is “Building a Texas-Sized Practice on a Lone Star Budget.” Traditionally, the NSSFC attracts more than 200 solos and small firm practitioners from across the country and abroad. However, this year’s meeting in Texas is going supersize as we expect to draw record numbers. Come join the excitement and learn to build or expand your practice without spending a fortune.
Some exciting highlights of the meeting include:
- Off-the-charts networking opportunities such as meet-and-greets with legal service plan providers and potential new business referrals
- Rainmaking Forum; U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony (register now to take part); Naturalization Ceremony for new U.S. citizens; and an accreditation course for practice before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (which, like Social Security representation, can result in a fee award). All these programs are new this year.
- Opportunity to choose up to 10 hours of CLE from more than 25 hours of offerings. This is not your everyday CLE. We will have several GPSolo book authors presenting on chapters from their recent publications, including the outstanding Run Your Firm Like a Business by Frank T. Lockwood, the timely Lawyer’s Guide to Financial Planning by Cynthia Sharp, and the ever-important Debt Collector’s Handbook by David J. Cook.
- Sessions presented by the ABA Commission on Immigration for both immigration and nonimmigration practitioners, including a mock trial demonstration with an immigration judge showing you the ins and outs of practicing before the immigration courts.
- Difference Makers Awards Luncheon, where we celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees.
- Training for pro bono representation with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) to assist unaccompanied children who currently represent themselves in immigration court proceedings.
- The opportunity to help educate high school students about being aware of debt through our Financial Literacy Outreach public service program.
GPSolo members will receive all of this and more for the not-so-Texas-sized price of $145—less than the cost of food and beverages alone. Why? We want to thank you in person for being a GPSolo member. So come on down and join the fun! Don’t mess with Texas, and don’t miss out on GPSolo’s signature event! For the best savings, register before September 22 and pay only $145 (GPSolo rate).
2015 ABA Midyear Meeting
February 5–8, 2015
Hyatt Regency Houston
2015 GPSolo Joint Spring Meeting With NAPABA Western Regional Conference
April 16–18, 2015
Moana Surfrider, A Westin Resort & Spa
GPSolo invites you to submit a proposal for the 2015 Spring Meeting. New this year, we will be holding a joint meeting with the NAPABA Western Regional Conference. This is your opportunity to share your expertise and tap your creativity by developing an original program for presentation at the meeting. Proposals specifically tailored to meet the needs of the GPSolo audience are strongly preferred. Click here to find out how to submit your proposal no later than Friday, January 9, 2015. If you have any questions, please contact Kathlyn Ferdinand.
2015 ABA Annual Meeting
July 30–August 2, 2015