Gain instant access to convenient forms, letters, checklists, and agreements developed specifically with the solo/small firm practitioner in mind. Written by some of the top legal professionals in their field, the material in the GPSolo Division's Forms Library is organized by practice area, making it quick and easy to find the forms you need. Click here to find out more.
Brown Bag Sessions
Estate Planning and Tax Law 101 Primer
June 12, 2013
12:00 p.m. Central Time
As a Division member, you have complimentary access to GPSolo’s Virtual Brown Bag Sessions, which are short, informal educational events on timely topics held entirely by teleconference. The sessions are held monthly and normally last one hour during lunch hours. Due to the informal nature of the programs, and the fact that accompanying written materials may not always be prepared and distributed, the Division does not offer CLE credits for these programs.
Past Brown Bag Session topics included:
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA): What Every Lawyer Needs to Know
- Cybersecurity and the Solo, Small Firm Lawyer
- What Solos and Small Firms Need to Know About Avoiding Ethics Complaints and Malpractice Claims
- How to Make Money with Group Legal Plans
- Going Solo: Practical and Useful Tips for Starting and Running a Solo Practice
- Peace and Protection
- Words With Friends, Acquaintances, and Potential Clients: Practical Tips & Potential Pitfalls for Lawyers Who Blog or Want to Get Started
- Are you Running Your Practice Like a Business?
- A Primer on the Debt Collection and Credit Reporting Acts: The Basics That Every Practitioner Should Know
- Everything You Need to Know About Successfully Representing Traffic and DUI Clients—Trial Tips for Solo and Small Firm Lawyers
- Technology Tips to Manage, Grow, and Enhance Your Practice
- Is Your Client in a Divorce Eligible for Equitable Relief as an “Innocent Spouse”?
- Consumer Bankruptcy Grab Bag
- Retirement Saving During Tough Economic Time
- A View From the Bench: The Solo and Small Firm Lawyer in the Courtroom
- Promoting Diversity in the Legal Profession
- Technology Tips, Tricks and Tools to Succeed as a Solo and Small Firm
Solo and Small Firm Awards Program
The Lifetime Achievement Award honoree is Llewelyn (“Llew”) G. Pritchard, a partner at the Seattle, Washington, law firm of Helsell Fetterman LLP; Project Award honoree is Thomas Jefferson School of Law’s Small Business Law Center in San Diego, California; and the Trainer Award honoree is Lynn A. Howell, a solo practitioner in Gulfport, Florida. Winners will be honored during the 2013 ABA Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Division’s Military Lawyers Dining Out on August 9, 2013, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at the Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel in San Francisco.