Please visit the Events & CLE page on the Division's website for CLE teleconferences that GPSolo produces and cosponsors by clicking here.
Upcoming GPSolo CLE
- Labeling of fish, meat, poultry and eggs sold in interstate commerce vs. intrastate commerce (including egg and meat grades)
- Labeling of alcoholic beverages sold in interstate commerce vs. intrastate commerce
- Food Allergen Labeling & Consumer Protection Act
- FDA “front of package” labels
- Nutrient claims
- National Organic Program
- Ambiguous and (oftentimes) misunderstood food descriptions on labels (e.g., “natural,” “healthy,” “local,” “cage free,” “free range,” “pure,” “fresh squeezed,” “high fiber,” “grass-fed,” “pasture-fed,” “humane”)
- USDA Process Verified Programs (e.g., nonhormone treated verified beef cattle, antibiotic free verified beef cattle, naturally raised)
- Marketing claims, including Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) animal raising claims (e.g., “Angus beef”)
- Labeling for cottage food operations (i.e., home-based kitchens)
- Labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Labeling for kosher and halal food
- Labeling in a restaurant (including nutrient content claims, health claims, dietary guidance, use of undefined terms, and ready-to-eat foods not for immediate consumption)
Program Faculty:Dr. Stan Benda, barrister & solicitor, adjunct professor, Osgoode Hall Law School and Ryerson University Business School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Jason Foscolo, principal/owner, Jason Foscolo LLC, Sag Harbor, NY; Alan A. Fowler, principal/owner, Alan Fowler Law, PLLC, Key West, FL; Erin Hawley, associate professor, University of Missouri, School of Law, Columbia, MO; Leon J. Letter, principal/owner, Law Offices of Leon J. Letter, PLLC, Flushing, MI; Lindsey Peebles, principal/owner, Law Offices of Lindsey Peebles, Austin, TX; Amy Salberg, principal/owner, Salberg Law, LLC, West Bend, WI; Jean Terranova, principal/owner, Law Office of Jean Terranova, Boston, MA; Cari Rincker (Moderator), principal/owner, Rincker Law, PLLC, New York, NYTo register for the teleconference, please click here.
GPSolo’s Educational ProgramsGPSolo Division does not offer continuing legal education credits for these programs. No CLE will be received for viewing/listening.
- Current E-Discovery Issues > Audio
Faculty: Craig D. Ball, Craig D. Ball P.C., Austin, Texas; Rick L. Lambert, Underwood Perkins, P.C., Dallas, Texas
- Injunctions - When to Ask for it and how to get One > Audio
Faculty: Rick L. Lambert, Underwood Perkins PC, Dallas, Texas; Robert J. Witte, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Dallas, Texas
- M & A Survival Guide for the General Practitioner > Audio
Faculty: Wilson Chu, K & L Gates, Dallas, Texas; Diego E. Gomez-Cornejo, K & L Gates,
- Utilizing Technology to Avoid Malpractice and Generate Business > Audio
Faculty: Kevin Chern, Total Attorneys Inc., Chicago, Illinois; Tiffany Denlinger, AMP Consulting, L.L.C., Dallas, Texas; Chelsey Lambert, Virtulawso, L.L.C., Chicago, Illinois
GPSolo Members—Free CLE
Free CLE Programs for All ABA GPSolo Members!
- Immigration Hearings 101: A Complete Tool Kit for Representing Children in Immigration Court (Part 1)
- Immigration Hearings 101: A Complete Tool Kit for Representing Children in Immigration Court (Part 2)
Past GPSolo CLE—Available Online
ABA FREE CLE Premier Speaker Series
ABA Members can now earn free continuing legal education credits through ABA programs featuring today’s most influential legal practitioners. The ABA introduces a free monthly CLE Premier Speaker Series. Earn up to 18 hours of CLE credit as part of your ABA membership. The CLE Premier Speaker Series is just one of the ways that we’re increasing the value of membership and advancing the legal profession. For more information, visit www.ambar.org/premierCLE.
May 3, 2013–June 21, 2013
- Paperless and virtual offices
- Document assembly and automation
- Alternative billing approaches
- Building a client-centered practice
- The future of the legal profession itself