Advising the Small Business, Second Edition is a guide for general practitioners, small firm attorneys, and lawyers engaged in providing legal counsel to small, privately-held businesses. It provides extensive guidance on a number of issues that small businesses commonly face, as well as sample documents, checklists, and resources for obtaining additional forms and information.
A valuable resource whether a lawyer is approaching an issue from scratch or dealing with an existing situation, this book assists counsel in providing more effective legal services and helps to identify issues that require further research or a specialist.
New topics include:
- Using alternative fee arrangements and investing in clients
- Forming divisions and subsidiaries
- Valuing stock and pricing options
- Financing at various stages of development
- Venture capital financing
- Changes in securities law