Some exciting highlights of the meeting include:
- Off-the-charts networking opportunities such as meet-and-greets with legal service plan providers and potential new business referrals.
- Rainmaking Forum; U.S. Supreme Court Swearing-In Ceremony (register now to take part); Naturalization Ceremony for new U.S. citizens; and an accreditation course for practice before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (which, like Social Security representation, can result in a fee award). All these programs are new this year.
- Opportunity to choose up to ten hours of CLE from more than 25 hours of offerings. This is not your everyday CLE. We will have several GPSolo book authors presenting on chapters from their recent publications, including the outstanding Run Your Firm Like a Business by Frank T. Lockwood, the timely Lawyer’s Guide to Financial Planning by Cynthia Sharp, and the ever-important Debt Collector’s Handbook by David J. Cook.
- Sessions presented by the ABA Commission on Immigration for both immigration and non-immigration practitioners, including a mock trial demonstration with an immigration judge showing you the ins and outs of practicing before the immigration courts.
- Difference Makers Awards Luncheon, where we celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees.
- Training for pro bono representation with Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) to assist unaccompanied children who currently represent themselves in immigration court proceedings.
- The opportunity to help educate high school students about being aware of debt through our Financial Literacy Outreach public service program.
GPSolo members will receive all of this and more for the not-so-Texas-sized price of $145—less than the cost of food and beverages alone. Why? We want to thank you in person for being a GPSolo member. So come on down and join the fun! Don’t mess with Texas, and don’t miss out on GPSolo’s signature event!
Early-bird registration is available now. For the best savings, register before September 22 and pay only $145 (GPSolo rate). For more information or to register, call 800/285-2221 or log on to our website (ambar.org/gpsolo).
2014 Difference Makers Awards Call for Nominations
Deadline for nominations: August 15, 2014
The call for nominations for GPSolo’s Difference Makers Awards program is open. The Difference Makers Awards recognize lawyers who “make a difference” by breaking down barriers for women, people of color, and people with disabilities, regardless of sexual orientation.
Honorees will be recognized at the Difference Makers Awards Luncheon scheduled at the NSSFC on Friday, October 24, 2014. Please visit our website for more information.
GPSolo on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
Follow GPSolo on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter for the latest updates. Go to the Division’s website for the links to all three social media accounts.