|AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION YOUNG LAWYERS DIVISION||January 2011|
|ABA YLD Home | Affiliate Newsletter Online | ABA YLD Affiliates Home|
- Free 1/26 teleconference highlights two key programs to boost bar association membership.
- Affiliate roundtable and debate of key issues among events planned for the February ABA Midyear Meeting. Registration and hotel deadline is 1/14.
- Registration is now open for the 3/10-3/11 ABA Bar Leadership Institute (BLI) in Chicago. This two-day conference is the premier program for developing the skills and substantive grounding for leading a bar association with inspiration, insight and innovation.
- Division seeks 2011-2012 leaders and volunteers. Application deadline is 2/15.
- Submission process opens for Law Day Video Contest. Help spread the word about this contest which encourages high school aged students to participate in and increase their understanding of Law Day and the chosen Law Day theme: The Legacy of John Adams, from Boston to Guantanamo. The submission deadline 3/1.
- Application process opens for the Subgrant Program which provides funding to young lawyer organizations for activities that benefit local communities, leaders or members. Application deadline is 3/1.
- Nomination process opens for the Rosner & Rosner Young Lawyers Professionalism Award. Nomination deadline is 3/31.
- David M. Evans of San Antonio, TX (Texas Young Lawyers Association) wins the 2011 National Outstanding Young Lawyer Award (NOYLA). Finalists include Jessica King of Oshkosh, WI (State Bar of Wisconsin Young Lawyers Division), and Amanda A. Sansone of Tampa, FL (Hillsborough County Bar Association - Young Lawyers' Division).
- The January / February Affiliate is now online.
• Texas Lawyers Partnering for Pro Bono • New Lawyer Bootcamp Series: Basic Training in Legal Practice • Affiliate Spotlight: Louisiana State Bar Association Young Lawyers Section • The Child Advocacy Award • Affiliate Leader Spotlight: Melissa Gertz • Midyear Meeting in Atlanta, Georgia: What You’ll Miss If You Don’t Attend! • 2010–2011 ABA YLD Scholars • Around the Country . . . • Supreme Court Justice Captivates Audience at Santa Fe Fall Conference • Subgrants: What, How, and Who? • Failure Is the Key to Success
August 4-6, 2011 — Toronto, Canada
ABA YLD Events at the ABA Annual Meeting
Closing out your Bar Year?
Make sure your young lawyer affiliate organization continues to receive valuable ABA YLD information. Update your online affiliate profile today!
Your e-mail address will only be used within the ABA and its entities. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside the ABA.
To unsubscribe, click HERE and follow the instructions.
Updateyour profile | PrivacyPolicy
American Bar Association | 321 N Clark | Chicago, IL 60654 | 1-800-285-2221