ABA Criminal Justice Section
Newsletter - Fall 1998 Vol. 7, Number 1
Nominating Committee to Select Slate for 1999-2000 Officers and Council Members
The Criminal Justice Section Nominating Committee will meet in Los Angeles during the ABA Midyear Meeting, February, 1999, to select the slate of officer and council member candidates for the 1999-2000 Association year. The following persons will serve on the Nominating Committee:
- Bruce M. Lyons, Chairperson, Ft. Lauderdale, FL;
- Professor Myrna Raeder, Los Angeles, CA;
- Ralph Martin, II, Boston, MA;
- Judge Arthur Burnett, Sr., Washington, DC;
- Dean Robert Fertitta, Houston, TX;
- Barbara O'Connor, Washington, DC;
- Professor Elizabeth Phillips Marsh, Hamden, CT;
- Terence F. MacCarthy, Chicago, IL
Section members in good standing are encouraged to submit their names for consideration by the Nominating Committee. Serving on the Criminal Justice Section Council as an Officer or Council Member is interesting, rewarding, and fun. It is an opportunity to make a difference in the criminal justice system as well as a great way to meet colleagues from around the country. Partial travel reimbursement is provided.
To submit your name for consideration, please use the Nominating Form and return it, along with a resume or biography, to the Section Office by January 22, 1999.
If you have questions about the positions listed below or about the responsibilities of serving on the Criminal Justice Council, contact Section Director Thomas Smith at 202/662-1510.