- The Rise of the Elderly »
by Paul A. Sturgul
- Increased affluence and advances in modern medicine have been the wellsprings of the elderly-related changes experienced in recent years by the legal profession.
- Medicare, Medicaid, and SSI »
by Gene Coffey, Gerald McIntyre, and Anna Rich
- Here’s a primer that will help you advise clients on when and how these government programs for the elderly may meet their needs.
- Growing Old with a Lesbian or Gay Partner »
by Matthew R. Dubois
- When advising lesbian or gay couples, lawyers need to understand the Defense of Marriage Act and other basic legal issues.
- Scams That Target the Elderly »
by Benjamin Bruce
- Lawyers can play an important role in educating seniors about how to protect themselves from fraud.
- Guardianship and Caregiver Liability »
by Lisa Montoni Garvin
- Lawyers serving the caregiver or the older person should always be aware of the complex interpersonal issues that underlie this area of practice.
- Admissions Contracts for Senior Housing Facilities »
by Holly Robinson
- When evaluating housing admission contracts with your clients, consider the solvency of the provider, state regulations, fees and accommodations, health care, and rights of residents.
- Litigating Nursing Home Malpractice »
by Steven M. Levin and John M. Rushing
- Solos and small firm lawyers can play an important role in ensuring that seniors are allowed to live in dignity.
- Age Discrimination »
by Brian McCaffrey
- In the current economic climate, age will increasingly play a part in business and employment matters.
- Growing Old in Your Practice »
by Robert L. Ostertag
- A lawyer in his 52nd year of practice reveals lessons he&rsquos;s learned for professional growth.
- Eight Ways to Keep Your Practice Toned »
by Lee S. Kolczun
- With a little bit of dedication and hard work, you soon will have your practice lean, fit, and running at peak performance.
- From the Editor »
by Joan M. Burda
- What’s Next
- The Chair’s Corner »
by Keith B. McLennan and Robert A. Zupkus
- It’s Eleven O’clock, Do You Know Where Your Division Is?; It Gets Better with Age
- General Practice, Solo & Small Firm Division News »
by Kimberly Anderson
- Stay Spry with CLE
- Ready Resources »
- Ready Resources in Aging
- In the Solution »
by W. Donald Carroll Jr.
- Coaching for the Elderly Lawyer
- Being Solo »
by David Leffler
- Is Your Practice Getting Old?
- GP Mentor »
by Stephen D. Beam
- Practicing Law in a Small Town