- The Client Matters »
by Robert A. Kraft
- Always give the impression that you’re doing more than just the minimum for your client. And be nice.
- Customer Service Essentials »
by Nina L. Kaufman
- To have a stable of happy clients, focus on the three C’s of good lawyering: competency, communication, and creativity.
- Client Communication and Contact »
by Betty Adams
- Clients need to know how to reach their lawyer and what to expect from the relationship.
- Malpractice: What We Have Here Is a Failure to Communicate »
by Timothy J. Gephart
- My Pal Esquire »
by David J. Abeshouse
- Just because you are not having frequent case-related contact with your clients doesn’t mean you cannot have regular social contact with them. Keep yourself “top of mind” for their future legal needs.
- Billing 101 »
by Allison C. Shields
- The way you approach billing can have a profound effect on whether you are blessed with the kinds of clients who are happy and loyal, who refer business, and who pay in full and on time.
- Start-ups: Providing Value with Non-Legal Advice »
by Stephen T. Furnari
- Many times, your business expertise can save start-up clients enough money to pay off your fee.
- Preparing Clients for Litigation »
by Andrew C. Simpson
- Be sure your clients know what to expect, how to behave, and what the objective is for depositions, mediation, or trial.
- Breaking Up Is Hard to Do »
by Peter Geraghty
- When a firm splits up or when a lawyer leaves for another firm, many ethical considerations come into play.
- Ethical Hazards of Solo and Small Firm Practice »
by Benjamin Cowgill
- You owe it to yourself to recognize the perils that accompany your choice of practice settings.
- Yikes! How to Deliver Bad News and Disclose Mistakes »
by Maurice Grant and Eileen M. Letts
- Sometimes it’s more painful for lawyers to deliver bad news than it is for clients to hear it.
- From the Editor »
by Joan M. Burda
- Lawyers, Clients, and the Practice of Law
- The Chair’s Corner »
by Keith B. McLennan
- The Client Is the Enemy
- GP|Solo Division News »
- New Division Director, ABA TECHSHOW, Nominating Committee Report
- Ready Resources »
- Ready Resources in the Care and Feeding of Clients
- Being Solo »
by David Leffler
- This Way Out: Taking the Leap into a Partnership
- In the Solution »
by Doreen A. Diego
- Depression: The Parable of the Boiling Frog
- Product Review »
by Timothy J. Rushenberg
- Accounting and Finance for Lawyers in a Nutshell, Third Edition
- GP Mentor »
by Lisa A. Runquist
- Representing Nonprofits