- Juvenile Delinquency: Current Issues, Best Practices, and Promising Approaches »
by Florencio (Larry) Ramirez
- Rehabilitation is generally a myth in juvenile detention centers. We must find the courage to reallocate the resources used for detention into programs that truly address the causes and conditions of delinquency.
- Girls in the Juvenile Justice System »
by Paula Schaefer
- The majority of girls in the juvenile justice system are victims of physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse. To address girls' special gender and cultural needs, lawyers must advocate for systemic change among colleagues in their jurisdiction.
- Restoring Juvenile Justice »
by David J. Hines
- Restorative justice seeks to protect the community by achieving real behavior change in juveniles.
- Challenges and Opportunities in Foster Care »
by Peter J. Pecora and Mark A. Pecora
- Lawyers can make a significant difference in improving the lives of children and families in the foster care system.
- Things Every Lawyer Handling an Adoption Should Know »
by Ruth F. Claiborne, James B. Outman, and Amy K. Wallas
- Neglecting to address all applicable laws can destroy a placement and devastate your clients and their families.
- When Parents of Children with Disabilities Divorce »
by Barbara Epperson
- When custody determinations or modifications involve children with disabilities, the decisions regarding the "best interests of the child" can be even more complex.
- Representing School Districts in the Area of Special Education »
by Jacquelyn Archuleta-Staehlin
- Lawyers must help implement preventive measures to ensure that school personnel and students are able to continue focusing on education rather than litigation.
- The Rights of Children Regarding Medical Treatment »
by Charles G. Childress
- What rights do children have with regard to receiving or refusing medical or psychiatric treatment?
- Hope for the Future: The ABA Commission on Youth at Risk »
by Alisa Santucci
- Lawyers can use their unique skills and vantage point to play a new role in helping youth at risk.
- Kiddie Law Is Growing Up: Board Certification in Child Welfare Law »
by Donald N. Duquette
- A sophisticated bench and bar are essential to provide children and families the justice thy deserve.
- From the Editor »
by Joan M. Burda
- The Future of Children
- The Chair’s Corner »
by Keith B. McLennan
- Do You Remember Your Childhood?
- GP|Solo Division News »
by Kimberly Anderson
- Focus on Youth and Family
- Ready Resources »
- Ready Resources in Child Welfare and Juvenile Justice
- In the Solution »
by Genie Miller Gillespie
- Impacting the Lives of Children Through Pro Bono
- Being Solo »
by David Leffler
- Recession 2008: Ten Steps Solos Should Take Right Now
- Product Review »
by Jason Allen
- Regulated Industries in a Nutshell
- GP Mentor »
by Ellen Rappaport Tanowitz
- Juggling Act: The Parent-Lawyer