- Is It Safe? Is It Secret? Protecting Business Information »
by Joan M. Swartz
- Protecting customer information from third-party disclosure is one challenge most businesses face in today’s highly competitive environment.
- Benefits and Challenges of Publicly Available Information »
by Tom Mighell
- Databases of publicly available information have fome under fire for disseminating personal information that falls into the hands of identity thieves.
- Nine Employment Privacy Traps and How to Avoid Them »
by James R. May
- Be aware of these confidentiality issues that can arise in an employment setting.
- Who Is the Client? Confidentiality When Representing Organizations »
by Andrew B. Serwin and Jesica N. Pandika
- Dual representation of a business entity and its major consituents or personnel is common, but it may lead to further complexities down the road.
- The Patriot Act »
by Brett Burney
- How far will the courts allow the pendulum t swing between protecting our civil liberties and the safety that we often take for granted?
- A Bird’s–Eye View of Data Protection in Europe »
by Francoise Gilbert
- U.S. companies that sell to foreign customers risk liability for violating non–U.S. data protection laws.
- Preservation of Files: Destroy or Not to Destroy »
by Jay G. Foonberg
- File destruction should begin long before file storage space becomes a problem or before a decision is made to close the office.
- Confidentiality in a High–Tech World »
by Steven Masur
- Make sure your employees, providers, and computer technicians are aware of confidentiality obligations and of any increased security requirements they demand.
- Identity Theft Revisited »
by J. Anthony Vittal
- The best consumers can do is to vigilant, be inforomed, and take the steps necessay to protect themselves.
- Data Breaches: Damage Control after the Dam Bursts »
by Sharon D. Nelson and John W. Simek
- The legal industry is one of the last to wake up to the dangers of data breaches.
- From the Editor »
by jennifer j. rose
- The Last Waltz
- The Chairs’ Corner »
by John P. Macy and Keith B. McLennan
- What an Incredible Ride; Privacy and Other Ineffective Warnings
- General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Division News »
- National Solo & Small Firm Conference; Spring Meeting Highlights; Farewell to Alexa Giacomini; Call for House of Delegates Nominations
- Ready Resources »
- Ready Resources in Privacy
- Product Review »
by Jeffrey Allen
- Witkin Library on CD–Rom
- Being Solo »
by David Leffler
- To Delegate or Not to Delegate, That Is the Question
- GP Mentor »
by Brian T Hermanson
- Crimal Law