- Keeping ’Em Happy: The Secrets of Client Satisfaction »
by Jim Calloway
- Clients are the sole judges of your law firm’s service. Their perception is your reality.
- Foonberg’s Favorite 70 Rules of Good Client Relations »
by Jay G. Foonberg
- These rules can be easily followed by lawyers and staff in the day-to-day practice of law.
- Representing Non-English-Speaking Clients »
by L. Richard Brinkman Jr.
- Make sure a basic foundation for communication exists between client and attorney.
- Sample Engagement Letters and Fee Agreements »
by P. A. Henrichsen
- Adapt these sample letters to fit the needs of your practice and your clients.
- Developing a Niche Practice »
by Rudy Rivera
- General and sole practitioners who practice in a multitude of areas are now in the minority.
- Setting Up a Home Office »
by Jeffrey Allen
- The Perfect Home Office »
by Irvin V. Cantor
- The Lawyer as Employer: Why Do They Keep Changing the Rules? »
by Jim T. Priest
- By properly addressing employee problems such as sexual harassment and overtime pay, you’ll save time, money, and your reputation.
- Care and Feeding of the Law Office Staff »
by Jim Calloway
- In small firm practice today, you and your employees must function as a team.
- Pay Less in Taxes, Sleep Better at Night, and Enjoy Life More »
by Reid F. Trautz
- Here are a few quick suggestions to help your business in the new year.
- From the Editor »
by jennifer j. rose
- Solo and Small Firm Conferences Lend Lawyers a Hand
- The Chair’s Corner
by John P. Macy
- Cry of the Solo
- General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Division News »
by Alexa Giacomini
- Highlights from the Division's Website
- Ready Resources »
- Ready Resources for Solos and Small Firm Lawyers
- Product Review »
by Joan M. Burda
- Sexual Orientation and the Law
- Being Solo »
by David Leffler
- To Thine Own Rolodex Be True
- GP Mentor »
by Randy B. Birch
- Construction Law