The camps to be visited are:
- 9:30 a.m. — Huntington Avenue YMCA, 316 Huntington Avenue, Boston. Approximately 25 guaranteed kids, but most likely more.
- 10a.m. — Dorchester YMCA, 776 Washington Street, Dorchester. Approximately 50 kids.
- 10a.m. — El Centro del Cardenal-HiSET Program, 185 Columbia Road, Dorchester. Approximately 15 kids.
- 10:15 a.m. — East Boston YMCA, 215 Bremen Street, East Boston. Approximately 150 kids.
- 10:15 a.m. — Oak Square YMCA, 615 Washington Street, Brighton. Approximately 50-60 kids.
The Annual Meeting will include two programs related to bullying:
“Bullyproof: the Impact of Bias and How it Leads to Bullying” — Panelists, including representatives from the Boston Public Schools, Anti-Defamation League and Boston College, will discuss the types of biases that exist and share insight on the latest statistics citing an increase in bullying within certain demographics. They will also advise on how bullying can be addressed in schools, the workplace and other areas of life where it is a problem.
Friday, Aug 8, 9:15–10:15 a.m., Back Bay Ballroom C, 2nd Floor, Sheraton Boston Hotel
“From Kindergarten to the NFL: Combating Bullying Without Violating Rights” — Panelists, including civil rights lawyer with the Boston Anti-Defamation League Melissa Garlick, will address First Amendment rights and measures to control bullying. They will also discuss perspectives and strategies to prevent and counter unlawful harassment.
Sunday, Aug. 10, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Room 203, Level 2, Hynes Convention Center
These events are free for member of the press. For media credentialing, please contact Priscilla Totten at Priscilla.Totten@americanbar.org.
With nearly 400,000 members, the American Bar Association is one of the largest voluntary professional membership organizations in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law. View our privacy statement online. Follow the latest ABA news at www.ambar.org/news and on Twitter @ABANews.