What: “The Future of Internet Governance”
Sponsored by the ABA Standing Committee on Law and National Security
When: Monday, April 28, 8 – 9:45 a.m.
Where: The University Club of Washington DC
1135 16th St. NW
Washington, DC 20036
The breakfast discussion will include control over the internet, including the right to privacy; freedom of information; cybercrime and cybersecurity.
· Daniel Sepulveda, deputy assistant secretary at the State Department and coordinator for international communications and information policy
· Preetam Maloor, strategy and policy adviser for cybersecurity and Internet-related public policy at the International Telecommunications Union
· Veni Markovski, vice president for global stakeholder engagement at Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
· Melissa Hathaway, president of Hathaway Global Strategies
· Joel Brenner, principal at Joel Brenner LLC
This event is free and open to the members of the press. For media credentialing, please contact Maria Gutierrez at 202-662-1091 or Maria.Gutierrez@americanbar.org
With nearly 400,000 members, the American Bar Association is one of the largest voluntary professional membership organizations in the world. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law. View our privacy statement online. Follow the latest ABA news at www.ambar.org/news and on Twitter @ABANews.