This book will help readers:
- Learn the latest rules governing the preservation and use of social media data;
- Navigate complex social media issues with practice pointers;
- Advise clients on records retention policies pertaining to social media;
- Comply with litigation holds on social media;
- Obtain evidence through social media during the discovery process;
- Evaluate and authenticate social media data;
- Use social media at trial by researching jurors, judges and expert witnesses; and
- Understand the ethical considerations and privacy rules regarding social media discovery.
Social Media as Evidence is written by Joshua Briones and Ana Tagvoryan, both of whom are litigators at DLA Piper’s Los Angeles office.
The ABA Law Practice Management Section is a professional membership organization providing resources for lawyers and other legal professionals in the core areas of the business of practicing law — marketing, management, technology, and finance — through its award-winning magazine, webzines, educational CLE programs, website and publishing division. For more than 30 years, LPM has established itself as a leader within the legal profession by producing ABA TECHSHOW, the world’s premier legal technology conference and expo, and through its publishing arm, which has more than 90 titles in print.
With nearly 400,000 members, the American Bar Association is one of the world’s largest voluntary professional membership organizations. As the national voice of the legal profession, the ABA works to improve the administration of justice, promotes programs that assist lawyers and judges in their work, accredits law schools, provides continuing legal education, and works to build public understanding around the world of the importance of the rule of law.
Title: Social Media as Evidence
Publisher: ABA Law Practice Management Section
Product Code: 5110748
Size: 6 × 9
Orders: 800-285-2221 or www.ShopABA.org
Editor’s note: Review copies are available by sending an email to Lindsay Dawson atLindsay.Dawson@americanbar.org. If you publish a review of this book, please send tearsheets or a copy for our files to Lindsay Dawson, American Bar Association, Book Publishing, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654.