Find Info Like a Pro, Volume 2will help you:
- Determine where to begin your search by introducing meta-sites that help you quickly find public record sites;
- Decide when to use fee-based databases instead of (or in addition to) free sites;
- Find addresses for service of process;
- Unearth assets – real and personal property;
- Discover political persuasions;
- Obtain vital records, criminal records, liens, judgments and UCCs;
- Uncover background information about people (and companies) via docket, case law and corporate record research;
- Locate occupational licenses;
- Understand the difference between credit reports and credit headers and how and when you can obtain each – legally.
Volume 1in the series focused on using the publicly available information on the Internet such as social networking sites, blogs, and news sources to conduct similar types of research.Both volumes of the Find Info Like a Pro series include a CD-ROM that features clickable links to all of the sites contained in each respective book.Authors Carole Levitt and Mark Rosch, principals of Internet For Lawyers (IFL; http://www.netforlawyers.com), are nationally acclaimed speakers and authors who focus on Internet research and social networking for lawyers. In addition to the Find Info Like a Pro series, they have co-authored three other books, Google for Lawyers, The Cybersleuth’s Guide to the Internet and The Lawyer’s Guide to Fact Finding on the Internet. Levitt and Rosch present continuing legal education seminars on these topics throughout the United States. Levitt practiced law in California, taught legal research and writing at Pepperdine Law School, and was a law librarian in Chicago and Los Angeles. In addition to speaking and writing, Rosch is the developer and manager of IFL’s website and blog and more recently, IFL’s Facebook Fan page. He also tweets about legal technology and Internet research.
Title: Find Info Like a Pro, Volume 2: Mining the Internet’s Public Records for Investigative Research
Product Code: 5110709
Size: 7× 10
Orders: 800.285.2221 or www.ababooks.org-30-
Editor’s note:Review copies are available by sending an e-mail to Lindsay Dawson at Lindsay.Dawson@americanbar.org. If you publish a review of this book, please send tearsheets or a copy for our files to Lindsay Dawson, American Bar Association, Book Publishing, 321 N. Clark St., Chicago, IL 60654.